It’s official! Punxsutawney Phil didn’t see his shadow, so there should only be 6 more weeks til, that’s right, you guessed it…SPRING!!!! Cue the birds a chirpin, the flowers a bloomin and us wearing our new spring frocks in, gasp, MARCH?!?. Oh how I hope it’s true!
Remember the movie, Groundhog Day, where Bill Murray is doomed to live the same day over and over and over again? Well, I’ve had my own kind of fashion groundhog day the past few years… See, every year in May/June it’s school graduation time – middle schools, high schools, boarding schools, colleges – and many schools require (or strongly suggest) female graduates wear a white dress. For the past 3 years I’ve had at least one client (sometimes two or three), somewhat frantically, looking for graduation dresses for their daughters – specifically, the aforementioned WHITE dress. And usually, by the time they are looking in April or May (which theoretically seems like a completely reasonable amount of lead time) most of the stores have already transitioned to their summer stock, so the desperately needed white dresses are few and far between – major UGH!
So, this year, the year of 2016, the year Phil, the groundhog, saw his shadow, I am planning ahead for myself, for my clients and for you. I am getting some FABULOUS WHITE DRESSES at the ready for those with a white dress graduation need in the near future.
And, if you don’t particularly need a graduation dress per se – all of the dresses below, fill the wardrobe need for a LWD (Little WHITE Dress) summer’s version of the LBD, perfectly!
- Super current yet classic with a midi length and geometric lace – I want to graduate again so I can wear this!
3. The balance of this white shift is superb. The loose bodice and 3/4 sleeve make it comfy, but the off the shoulder deets give it some spunk.
4. The long sleeves and lace take this dress from almost naughty to nice.
5. The floral applique gives this stunner a 3-d effect – it’s even better in person!
6. This white dress is business in the front but a graduation partaaay in the back.
7. Who said lady like has to be boring???? Not this dress!
Hopefully this will be the end of my Groundhog Day experience – I’m feelin ready this year! If you have a daughter, granddaughter, niece, friend or neighbor graduating this spring, CONGRATS! And, share these finds with them – heck, why not share the blog (there’s a share button below) and they can take the stress out of getting dressed too!
Happy WHITE dress shopping! And, Happy almost SPRING!