I’ve been watching the Cleveland Indians play their hearts out in the World Series (there’s some serious CLE pride happening in this town, am I right?!? GOOOOO TRIBE!) and, I’ve been thinking about the fans and the players freezing their tushies off during the first 5 games of this series... While I think the forecast for game 6 is supposed to be in the 60’s, we all know that ain’t gonna last! This is CLEVELAND people!!!
When the mercury drops, I start thinking about sweater weather, and like it or not, it’s OTW (on the way). I’m a big fan of a good, cozy knit – I mean, if you live in the snow belt you kind of HAVE TO be, don’t ya think?. But, all knits are not created equal… IMHO, the pinnacle of sweater perfection is the ONE AND DONE sweater.
A one and done sweater is just that – put one on, and out you go. There’s no layering necessary, no accessories needed. No muss, no fuss. That’s it and that’s why they’re so fab! But, what makes a one and done, truly a ONE AND DONZZO? Well, the sweater needs to have SOME kind of interest, so it can stand on its own. A one and done is NOT your basic sweater – it has a special element that gives it some oomph. And, it’s that something special that allows you to say “no thanks” to other accessories and still feel like your outfit is complete.
So, I figured if my tush is starting to freeze, maybe yours is too, and if I’m trolling the net for sweaters, maybe you want to know what’s caught my eye… Last year I posted about the merits of one and dones, here – but, with this post, I’m linking you to a bunch of different retailers, and what’s even better… All of these sweaters are under $100. I mean really, who wants to break the bank to stay warm?!? NOT US!!!!!
The 10 best, UNDER $100, ONE AND DONE Sweaters:
- This cashmere blend beauty has the bow built right in.
2. I mean, the sleeves on this sweater are everything!
3. I like the way this sweater wraps and frames the face. And a good brown sweater is always a share worthy find.
4. A sweater that looks like a chunky wool but with NO WOOL for those that are itch adverse – and the wide lace on the seams gives it some cool pizzazz.
5. Something similar to the featured image — only a few left of this sweater, but it comes in two colors…
6. Gotta love a bulldog! On a sweater or IRL!
7. Look at the sleeve detail on this one! I totally picture it tucked into a pair of high waisted pants.
8. This tunic is an easy wardrobe update with all the “it” colors of Fall 2016.
9. The bold strap design on this sweater makes it feel thoroughly modern and new.
10. The two in one makes this sweater the ULTIMATE one and done
So, as we root, root, root for the home team, we can be thankful we’re not facing the sleet and snow YET, but know we’ll be all ready, warm and stylish when the time comes…
Happy One and Done Sweater shopping you guys!!
Taking the Stress out of getting dressed – #TheWardrobeConsultant
In the spirit of full disclosure, I sometimes use affiliate links, which means that when you click links and purchase items, in some, but not all cases, I may receive a nominal (meaning pennies NOT dollars) referral commission. You will NEVER pay more when buying a product through my link.
Plus, when you order through my links (or even just click on them), it helps me see what you all are interested in and therefore be more mindful of you, my readers, when thinking about what to highlight in future blog posts. Thank you in advance for your support!
header image (via)