Yep, I get it. Sneakers feel like they’re for kids, and teens, and skateboarders, and street style stars, or for the gym, or for Melanie Griffith’s character, Tess McGill in the 80’s classic Working Girl – am I dating myself yet?!? But, sometimes they don’t feel like they’re for actual life, for those of us that live in the real world and might, ummm, have jobs and kids and are like over 25 and trying to look polished and professional. But ya know what?? I’m here to tell you, sneakers these days can DO IT ALL, and this “fad” has serious staying power. So it’s time to give sneaks a chance.
I mean, who doesn’t love being able to wear comfy yet cool shoes ALL DAY LONG?? And because we’re catching this trend on the up swing, there are A LOT of sneaker options to choose from.
One styling note to keep in mind – if you’re looking to “dress up” and elevate the whole casual sneaker thing, its best to pair them with a blazer or cardigan – something that will take the sneakerishness of the outfit up a couple of notches.
Since there are soooo many sneaker options, let me help you narrow it down…
Here are my TOP
10, ok 15, best sneaker picks – there were so many good ones I couldn’t stop:
- My hands down favorite. Wear em’ with skinnies and a blazer, skirts, and dresses, boyfriend jeans and a cardigan. Great for travel too…your one and done shoe for daytime.
2. These are awesome. I love the gray undertone. I think they will be adorable in place of my booties to balance my distressed skinnies for spring – and bonus, they’re crazy comfortable, like cushy but supportive – serious love.
3. Easy slip on sneaker. Pair them up with your favorite slim boyfriend khaki’s and call it a day.
4. Fitness meets fashion with this designer collab. Supportive enough to even run a few miles.
5. A Bloomingdale’s exclusive. The nude slip on that I’ve been searching for everywhere. Thank you Bloomies and Toms!
6. Vince did it again, and this time with a pointy toe to streamline and coordinate perfectly with all of those culottes and cropped pants we’re seeing this season.
8. A sneaker sandal, and it comes in a bunch of colors too. The way they notch down at the ankle makes them look good in the leg.
9. For the girls that want a sneaker, but want the height of a wedge. Voila!!
10. The always classic converse all grown up and lightweight.
11. Saw these on a girl today and had to google them – major crush – they’re neutral, but not boring!
12. Who said embroidery is just for denim? These would look so fab with leather leggings and a blazer!
13. This unique one is inspired by the Hermes Birkin and despite it’s crazy high price tag, keeps selling out!
There are so may fun kicks out there now, I had to stop at 15 but I feel like this post could have gone on and on…
Happy sneaker shopping and wearing too, your feet will thank you!! Do you have a favorite pair I missed? Share!!! Remember, that’s what friends are for.
Taking the Stress out of getting dressed – #TheWardrobeConsultant