Par-tay season is HERE — high schoolers are frantically looking for homecoming dresses (and fighting with their moms about what is/isn’t appropriate) and The Wardrobe Consultant clients are gearing up, asking me to look for dresses to wear to weddings, bar mitzvahs and benefits. On the personal front, I have quite a few “cocktail attire” invites hanging on our fridge so, basically I’ve got party dresses on the mind.
And, I’ve got them on my mind, so you don’t have to… Don’t you hate that feeling of “OMG I have an event to go to” so you run out and just buy SOMETHING – that’s panic impulse shopping, and that sucks! It’s a much better feeling to find something you love, and that flatters you, so you’ll have it in your closet when the time comes (see, that’s what happens when you work with The Wardrobe Consultant, hint, hint) – but I get it, not everybody operates that way. I mean, it’s also better to eat well and get up every morning to exercise but yet, I find myself walking around my neighborhood at 10pm with a flash light trying to get “my steps” in for the day, so I get it, there’s planning and then there’s real life.
So, in the spirit of helping you deal with the real life stuff, maybe you, or your daughter, or sister, or friend, have an event in the future (or next week, lol!). And, you’ll find the ideal dress here, click the link, buy and be done. Wouldn’t that be nice??
Anyway, here’s a little party style inspo for you guys – the dresses that have caught my eye as I’ve been scouring the net this week…
- Great color, great shape and great price – this dress is worth a try– The illusioned deep v and the peplum are everything!
2. This is a LBD PLUS!! Funny how that extra strap around the shoulders takes this from basic to wow.
3. Only one size left in this dress, but it’s STUNNING!! If you’re a size UK6 (US 0) GRAB. IT. NOW!!!
4. A fun LWD, that yes, you can wear after Labor Day – but it come in black too…
5. One shoulder loveliness, and in navy nonetheless!
6. This one is a statement maker!
7. I love how this dress is current in a very lady like way.
8. Red hot and Cuuute!
9. Beyond love this one!
10. I don’t have any truly formal affairs coming up, but if I did, I’d wear this gown and channel me a lil’ Audrey – added bonus, it has pockets too!
11. I’d call this look elegant boho and the dress, smashing.
12. It’s edgy but sweet – so, yes to this dress…
13. The midi length makes this dress sophisticated, but shortened to the knee, I can totally see it for homecoming too.
14. This fit and flare style is universally flattering and the colors, I mean, really, just spectacular.
15. Holy beautifulness! This dress is a piece of art.
Whenever I need a little inspiration I just scroll thru Olivia Palermo’s (in the top photo) insta feed – IMHO, she is style perfection personified. We all need a little inspo here and there, right? Where do you get your inspiration?
So, Happy Dress Shopping and Party Going you guys!
Taking the Stress out of getting dressed – #TheWardrobeConsultant
In the spirit of full disclosure, I sometimes use affiliate links, which means that when you click links and purchase items, in some, but not all cases, I may receive a nominal (meaning pennies NOT dollars) referral commission. You will NEVER pay more when buying a product through my link.
Plus, when you order through my links (or even just click on them), it helps me see what you all are interested in and therefore be more mindful of you, my readers, when thinking about what to highlight in future blog posts. Thank you in advance for your support!
Header image (via)