Yes, I know, you know… you’ve seen it in every magazine and even on the TODAY show – Off the Shoulder Tops are all the rage right now (OMG I sound just like my mom “all the rage” – (Hi mom! Love you!) BUT, the question is, how are you supposed to know which ones are the best?? Simple, I’ll edit it down for you – here are the top 10 BEST OTS (Off The Shoulder) tops to wear right now!
Summer weather is perfect for this style – it’s hot and humid AND it’s far enough into summer that your shoulders have a bit of color — of course the fact that a woman’s shoulder never ages or gains weight (at least according to Donna Karan) is a bonus for all! And, as an aside, wearing this silhouette with a jacket is kind of a pain, so act now people, summer is the time!
The 10 BEST OTS TOPS to put in rotation RIGHT NOW:
- A simple but special OTS top – love the tie at the elbows AND the hi/low hem (and the price is pretty good too!)
2. Love how this OTS top is more t-shirt than blouse.
3. This soft heathered jersey OTS top will transition nicely to fall.
4. This OTS top is flowy and fun – and it plays nicely with white, black or blue.
5. The pretty guipure lace on this OTS lovely, really frames the face. And the elastic waist defines and gives that hourglass look we all want.
6. The big graphic print makes this OTS top more statement top than just a top.
7. A fun OTS piece that adds a pop of color AND I love where it hits on the hips – can you say “legs for days”?!?
8. And what about the one Olivia P is wearing in the header photo?? Right here – it comes in navy also – tunic perfection!
9. In addition to the colorful print on this OTS beauty, I love the little tie that goes around the neck.
10. This OTS top is a whole new take on chambray.
Have you tried the whole Off The Shoulder thing yet? And, if you have, were you frustrated trying to keep the off the shoulder “OFF”? Meaning that when you move, do the shoulders tend to pop up and make the look more peasant blouse than OTS? If so, try this easy, DIY hack and let me know if it does the trick…
Happy shoulder showing folks!
Taking the Stress out of getting dressed – #TheWardrobeConsultant
In the spirit of full disclosure, I sometimes use affiliate links, which means that when you click links and purchase items, in some, but not all cases, I may receive a nominal (meaning pennies NOT dollars) referral commission. You will NEVER pay more when buying a product through my link.
Plus, when you order through my links (or even just click on them), it helps me see what you all are interested in and therefore be more mindful of you, my readers, when thinking about what to highlight in future blog posts. Thank you in advance for your support!