Last week, I needed to do an errand at the mall and was walking by Express, yep Express, the one owned by The Limited, and let me tell you, I was surprised and impressed!
While I’ve been a fan of their Portofino blouses for some time, recommending them to clients that need a silk Equipment-esque type camp shirt, with out the delicateness of silk, or the silk price tag, I haven’t really been an Express regular for a loooong time. Until NOW!
And, today I was wearing one of my NEW Express sweaters (the grey cold shoulder one) and my friend, Lindsay London (awesome CLE makeup artist and esthetician) was all over it – totally NOT believing it was from EXPRESS! “Like the store at the mall Express?!?” I believe were her exact words… And you know what? That was exactly what I was thinking when I picked it up – this DOES NOT look like it’s from Express!
So all I can say is, Yay Express! While the price points still make Express very accessible, the styles and fabrics were richer looking and less, wanna be, sex and the city than I remember – dang, I love it when I’m wrong about these kind of things!
Here are some of the pieces that made it to the HALLIE HOT LIST (and may, or may not, have made it home with me as well):
- This cutie covers the bum but isn’t overwhelming because of the hi-lo design. And, it hits at the perfect part of the hip for a flattering front view.
2. I’ve said it before, I’m a sucker for a cold shoulder – and I love how this one is casual and dressy at the same time because of the marled grey knit…
3. The mesh detail on this peplum top adds such flattering interest- I can also see wearing it with leather or satin pants for a holiday P.A.R.T.Y.
4. This coatagin (yep, that’s what it’s called, really!) is even better in person – and so cozy too. It’s what I’m gonna wear on those winter nights where you have to get dressed up to go out, but feel like you want to wear your softest college sweatshirt instead.
5. One of my personal wardrobe defaults is a formula that often includes graphic t-shirts, so, I’m always on the look out for cute ones like this. And this is a buy one/get one 50% off now too!
6. This is a stock up and save wardrobe basic – You know those times you don’t want to be too dressed up wearing a blouse, but more dressed up than wearing just a t-shirt? This is your answer!
All in all, I’d say I’m notably impressed, and very glad I happened in.
Happy Shopping – let me know if you’re impressed too:)