Just Add Some Plaid
Plaid is easy to wear once you find the perfect piece. Adding a bit can keep your wardrobe on trend this fall. Careful though ladies, because lots of the plaid out there can remind you of something Grandpa would wear to work. But not the blazer Hallie is wearing, we think this one is pretty darn perfect, and it’s on SALE ($126!!). Link below…
The RULES : How to pull it off
- If it’s a blazer make sure it’s the right length. It should hit in the mid thigh/ tip of your thumb region.
- The fit in the shoulders is important. This is 2017 and not plaid from 30 years ago. Check to make sure if it has shoulder pads, they aren’t overpowering.
- A touch of femininity won’t hurt to make it YOURS instead of the plaid that looks like it belongs to the special man in your life. It should have a borrowed from the boys look, meaning somewhat over sized and boxy, not slim and fitted.
- Look for plaids where the checks line up – it’s a sign of quality.
- For non-jacket plaids, let the pattern be the hero of your outfit.
- Total check perfection is the plaid pant suit we shared last week for under $200 – and it hits 2 trends in 1!
Plaid pieces to grab now
This is a perfect blazer dressed up in plaid. We’d style it with a lace cami underneath to add some juxtaposition and femininity. (Full disclosure, Hallie ordered this one – for $138 it’s worth a try!)
Double duty this tartan bomber as outwear for the colder fall days. Or style it over a cute little dress as your third piece. This one is fabulous, but a bit of an investment. Target has one with a similar feel for under $30!
We love it when checks gets cutesy like with this top. To give it an edgier feel, top it off with your favorite moto jacket, and some delicate layered necklaces.
You know we love a good wide leg crop. So, a wide leg plaid crop is even better. And this one is $68! Try this one for work with a bright colored, hip hitting, boxy sweater. Or, off duty with a t-shirt and denim jacket.
To make this $38 wrap from the juniors department look even more sophisticated, and current throw it on OVER your jean or leather jacket. Freeze baby no more, and stylish to boot.
This fall trend is so easy to do, so why wouldn’t you? Which leads us to this…If you’re in Cleveland,
COME see plaid in person!
We’ll be at 2 great events this week.
#1. Thursday, October 19, from 6-9 pm. Our annual curated line of clothing for Foundations For Fall. We have a kick a** plaid trench (among other fab pieces) at Brigade. Last year we sold out of so many pieces and we weren’t able to order more, so come and see what we’ve got before you miss out. You snooze. You loose.
#2. Friday, October 20 -24, . Designer Dress Days This mega resale pop up happens only once a year. Go Friday for the best selection, once they sell, they’re gone for good. We took a sneak peek and there’s a lot of plaid to be had!