I know, I know – I am posting two times in one week – yikes! BUT this post is TIME SENSITIVE! 50% off YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE THRU SATURDAY USE CODE PRETTY50 – new spring items, as well as sale pieces. So even if you haven’t recovered from the holidays yet, you might need to take a look.
Ann Taylor is a great place for wardrobe essentials, those classic wardrobe building blocks. I look for pieces that have a bit of interest or trend (so they feel current and not boring) while still being timeless – here are the pieces in my shopping cart...
- This one’s like a lace t-shirt, but with a little more pizzazz. I love where it hits on the arm and at the waist – perfect updated length. So Kate Middleton!
2. Have you tried a knit blazer yet?? If not, YOU HAVE TO! The comfort of a hoodie with the polish of a blazer – it’s a must have!
4. A pretty lady-like dress – I love that it’s knit – comfort is always king, or should I say queen?!? Wear it now with boots and in the spring with sandals.
5. This tortoiseshell belt is an easy way marry the light and dark colors in your outfit. It plays nicely with camel, grey, black, navy, and white. And, I love how it grounds brights like red, royal blue and fuchsia too!
6. A classic LBD (Little Black Dress) is a wardrobe powerhouse – dress it up or down and wear it again and again – it’s a blank canvas for your accessories. Put the tortoiseshell belt with this and it’ll look fabulous – the options are endless!**
A few things to note – yes, everything I picked is black or white, I know, I know… But, wardrobe essentials really should be just that, essential, meaning they can be worn over and over with out being too memorable. To put it in Oscar terms, they’re the supporting cast, not the star. And, all the things in my cart can mix and match to make multiple outfits, yay!
** While the LBD is on sale, the coordinating suit pieces (blazer and slacks) are excluded. HOWEVER, if you are in the market for a new suit, this is a great place to look – season-less fabrics, classic styles and fair prices.
Happy 50% off shopping! Be sure to let me know what you put in your cart…