It’s summer, summer, summer time!!!!! Some schools are already out and the mom side of me is cheering (and slightly, just slightly, dreading) the summer days ahead. The warm weather, the lazy nights, the more chill schedule (that’s the dreading part, I kinda like a schedule), the time outside – I (think) I’m ready for it all – and it has me musing about what I can’t live without this summer!!!
Here are my current summertime obsessions:
- Confession, I am a TOTAL pony tail girl, and often, (ok, always) have a hair band around my wrist – I know, NOT always a good look – in fact once I was on a local morning TV show and totally forgot I had a hairband on my wrist. And, I’m a total hand talker, so you could not miss the black rubberband on my left wrist thru the whole segment – major oops! Anyway, now I have a bandi bracelet I always have a hair tie at the ready, BUT it looks like a piece of jewelry – Seriously genius! FYI, there are some etsy sights that sell something similar, personally I’ve never tried them but if you’re open, it might be worth a try.
2. Summer means sunscreen, and yes, I know I need it, BUT I hate the sticky feel creams and sprays leave. I recently discovered a 50 SPF oil that feels great, smells good, is non-greasy and that I can put on right after the shower to protect me all day long. And if you click the link, it’s on sale too! Serious LOVE!
3. I’m a firm believe in the “day dress”, especially as the temps rise. It’s a great way to stay cool while still looking put together – right now I’m super into denim dresses, maybe because I’m a jeans and t shirt girl at heart… These are my current favs…
4. And if you’re wearing a day dress (or not) you need a stylish flat sandal to go with it, right? I have these and they are fab – super easy to walk in and compliments galore – I’m literally stopped daily to ask where I got them.
5. This bag is the bomb – yes, an investment but it’s ohhh soooo good! The color goes with everything, it can be worn 3 ways: cross body (chain long), shoulder (chain doubled) and clutch (chain tucked in) AND it’s small but actually fits a phone, lipstick, keys AND readers (for those of us needing that these days). It comes in a few colors too. And if you’re in the CLE our Saks at Beachwood Place has it in stock, so you can try it in person. If you do stop in, ask for Abby or Kathleen in “the club” – they’ll take great care of you.
6. I’m always on the look out for a refreshing summertime cocktail – and I found this Sensa spritz on Jessica Seinfield’s insta page Total deliciousness!
7. This salad was a huge hit all last summer, it’s easy and unexpected and totally refreshing too – and as the watermelons are getting ripe I find I’m totally craving it again.
8. While I will always be loyal to my Ray Ban’s, sometimes it’s fun to mix it up. I’m really into blue/green lenses this season – and you can find them at all price points. And, here’s a little trick – if it’s a “cheap” brand or you’re a no logo gal, simply take the logo off with a some nail-polish remover, it works like a dream. You. Are. Welcome:) These are some of the specs I’m eyeing (see what I did there?!?)
9. For me summertime means curly hair. With naturally curly hair I’ve become somewhat addicted to a blowout (Thank you Lavish!) But yet, I want my natural waves to be set free, especailly in the warmer months, so I am constantly on the look out for a product that makes my curls,”curl” with out being crunchy. I’m happy to say with this taming butter (which incidentally describes it perfectly), I may have found it… I always prefer buying products from a certified salon. Believe it or not, there is a huge knock off market (that’s the subject for a WHOLE other post) and the only way to make sure you’re getting the real thing is to but it from a salon – if you’re in the CLE, Lavish has a full range of the Pureology line.
10. Even though summer is HOT, oftentimes indoors it’s COOL – so, I always like to have a light weight cardigan to throw on. I saw this on my friend Nancy and had to run and get one immediately – basically I haven’t taken it off since – the longer length and light linen nubbiness make it just about perfect over everything. BTW, not a fan of how they styled this photo – it’s much cooler and less grandma IRL.
11. Summertime reading – YES! There’s nothing better than reading a good book poolside. I just finished and am, yes, obsessed with Untangled, if you have a tween/teen OR a girl or better yet, a tween/teen girl (like me) this book is a MUST READ. I’ve heard fellow CLE gal Dr. Lisa Damour speak on a few occasions and her tips and insights are mindbogglingly “AhHa”. Basically, I find myself referring to or quoting the book ALL THE TIME – seriously, go get it NOW!
So, just a friendly reminder – if you like what you see, click on the photo, it’ll take you RIGHT to the item on a site where it’s sold – NO SEARCHING NECESSARY.
And, if you like what you see, comment and/or share – please help spread the word about The Wardrobe Consultant Blog – I’d be so grateful…
Happy Summertime shopping and chilling and swimming and lazing and eating and drinking and enjoying!
Taking the Stress out of getting dressed – #TheWardrobeConsultant
header image (via)