The Little Black Shoe
My recent trip to Manhattan has me thinking about comfortable, but good looking footwear. It’s rough, you walk a TON, like miles a day, in NYC – personally, I love it – it gives me the justification to eat all the yummy pastries (my kryptonite like weakness), calling to me on every street corner – but I digress… You walk A LOT in a city, or at a convention, or at an airport but you also want to look polished and finished. You know the old saying, the shoe makes (or, sadly, sometimes breaks) the outfit.
My clients are always on the look out for comfortable “walking shoes” that still have a chic, put together flair. Shoes that would look great with a little skirt or slacks, or my constant go-to, denim. We’ve all heard of the LBD (Little Black Dress) but, there’s another equally, if not MORE important wardrobe staple, the LBS (Little Black SHOES).
Here’s a few LBS’s (Little Black Shoes) I’m eyeing this week:
- These boots are perfect for both work and play and don’t look at all like a typical Frye, but I bet have their supreme comfort and durability.
2. The heel on these is EVERYTHING!
3. Love the mini heel, love the bit of bling AND love they’re made of suede (it creates a more seamless visual line with tights than, say patent or even leather).
4. Hands down, my favorite, most often complimented, everyday shoe.
5. The epitome of a the it-girl bootie – with the silver (or rose gold) notch that only Alexander could pull off.
Do you have a go-to LBS? If not, you should highly consider adding a pair to your to your shoe trousseau!
Happy shoe shopping!