Every year I hear The Wardrobe Consultant clients struggling with should they, or shouldn’t they buy from the Nordstrom Fall Anniversary sale. Because like, who really wants to think about Fall in July, right?!? I hear worries about, “What happens if styles end up being dated by the “real” fall?” “How about if I gain a few pounds and nothing fits come those chilly fall days?” Or, “What if there’s just so much more out there in September that I really can’t live without?” While all valid concerns, I always encourage clients (and anyone for that matter) to approach a sale like this looking for basics, ya know, those essentials that are often needed for a well rounded wardrobe, but often overlooked.
So this year, I decided to shop the sale with basics in mind, for my clients, for myself and for all of you. However, these basics aren’t just your run of the mill basics. They all have some sort of interest. The kind of pieces that take outfits from a B to an A+. My picks are all basic enough that they can still be paired with other things and shine, but also have some wow factor of their own. So, basically that’s all you need, but you need them NOW because the sale ends August 8, 2016 (Early Access is NOW thru July 21). Happy Anniversary (shopping)!
- I love the Rag and Bone bootie. It’s so comfortable that you can wear it all day. And, the notch in the front makes it great for cropped pants.
2. Tight shaft, block heeled bootie. What could be more basic and yet current?
3. This car coat is the perfect third piece to transition into those chilly fall days.
4. This cozy boyfriend cardigan has popped up on multiple shopping lists, and comes in multiple colors.
5. …And so has this cocoon sweater
6. Fabulous basic. A must have wrap!
7. These cotton jeans with a bit of stretch are the perfect go to.
8. This jean is in my bag right now. Hurry, only a few left!
9. High rise and raw hem. My two new favorites rolled into one! And the variation in the gray is perfect.
10. I’m always looking for tops with interest that hit at the hip to wear with blazers or boyfriend sweaters, or that can also stand alone. Can’t beat the price tag either.
11. Mustard is a hot color for fall and so are ruffles so this top is HOT x2.
12. The simplicity of this color blocking top makes this so cool. It’s great for a one and done.
13. I love the face framing collar of this top.
14. It’s so cool that this top does the front tuck for you. How easy breezy.
15. The colors in this dress are so pretty and it also has endless shoe possibilities. The dress is “basically” effortless.
16. A red hot dress
17. The black leather and gold metal make this watch look rich. Sorta Cartier Tank like.
18. A basic pointy toe ballet flat that comes in every color of the rainbow. I’m channeling my inner Elvis and going to go with the blue suede.
19. Fit and Flare LBD with lady like yoke.
20. For those who aren’t fit and flare gals….a little black sheath
21. An awesome little clutch that comes in two colors. I may get both.
22. This bag is both edgy and classic at the same time.
23. You can’t go wrong with a quilted bomber for fall. The olive is cool but I’m digging it in a classic navy.
24. An awesome suede Moto jacket
25. This is an online purchase only. Totally awesome and fantastically priced boyfriend blazer
26. A classic camel trench + an up dated twist = fabulous.
So are you in the mood for fall yet, or what? We will keep posting finds from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale as we see them. But, this massive list should tide you over until Monday at least, right? Do you have any favorites?? LMK…
Huge shout out of thanks to Elana Mintz for her excellent eye and “on fleek” taste – this post would not have happened without it!
Happy Anniversary (Shopping) and TGIF peeps!!
Taking the Stress out of getting dressed – #TheWardrobeConsultant