It all started last week…
When I posted an #OOTD (outfit of the day) some readers asked for reccos about my favorite, long sleeved, white, t-shirts.
BTW, A huge shout out to readers that POST COMMENTS!! I love it, like really, truly, from the bottom of my being, LOVE it! I can’t tell you how much the interaction and feedback help – it makes it a conversation, not a monologue – and really, that’s what it’s all about, right??
Just a few things to take note of – A white t- shirt is a classic and forever wardrobe staple…BUT
- White t’s yellow easily, so they should be replaced and updated every few years.
- The body and proportion of t-shirts has evolved in the past few years, in conjunction with the changing shape of pants/jeans. Meaning, a perfect “t” used to be long and lean, and now the desired shape is a bit shorter and boxier. Don’t worry, it’s not a total belly baring, crop top – but more a hip grazing, looser fitting piece.
- Don’t toss the long and lean ones though… wear them as base layers under your favorite sweaters, sweatshirts and such.
Here are a few Plain White T’s that are on my HOT list:
1 . This one has a nice wide hem at the bottom so it feels like a t-shirt/sweatshirt hybrid.
2. I love the shirt tail hem on this one (the way it goes up on the sides) it makes your legs look like they go on for days!
3. This one is my personal favorite – I love how the jersey allows it to drape the body, without clinging. And, the cute patch pocket is a bonus!
4. Last but not least, slub jersey gives this t-shirt textural interest, while still staying soft and t-shirty.
Do you have a favorite white t-shirt brand/style I missed? If so, PLEASE share!! And, If there are topics you’d like covered, or questions you have PLEASE let me know – remember, it’s a convo:)
Clothing is NOT OPTIONAL, so love what you wear!