As the guys are getting busy with their PROMposal details – btw, do you know what a PROMposal is?? It’s basically where a guy asks his potential prom date to the dance with an elaborate, wedding kind of proposal – that’s why it’s called a PROMposal, get it?? – here’s a more in depth explanation of the whole phenomenon. I’m weirdly intrigued (yet kind of uncomfortable) with the whole concept. And, as the mom of boys, slightly worried about the pressure they will have to Prom-pose in a cool yet original way (and of course that the girl will then say yes) – Oy! I have a few years until that’ll be upon me – maybe the traditions will change by then??? Doubtful, but hoping…
Anyway, in the last few weeks, both moms and girls have had prom on the brain – they’ve together and separately been asking me WHERE TO FIND A DRESS FOR PROM?? So, as any good wardrobe consultant and personal shopper would – I’ve done the looking for you!!!
Here are my Top 10 favorite prom dresses for 2016: They come from all different stores and are at all different price points – click the PINK link or the photo and it will take you right to the dresses website to check out all the details.
- I just love the accordion pleats on this dress – pleats are huge for spring and the two piece look makes this one super modern too! (and it’s UNDER $150!)
2. The plunging drape on this stunner is soooo sophisticated. And navy is, truly, the new black:)
3. The fun back on this one will definitely make prom pictures fun too!
4. It’s always nice to have the option to go short if you want to – and this shorty is cuuuute!
5. This blush color is everywhere this season and I adore how this one is both romantic and polished at the same time.
6. You can’t go wrong with a black dress – and this one by a well known prom designer, is usually sold at stores that do not allow returns – but YAY, this link will take you to a store where you can try it on before you are bound.
7. Not sure what to say about this one other than, TOTAL DRESS GOALS – it’s a very pricey one, but it is gorgeous!!!!!
8. One shouldered and elegant – and the color OMG!
9. This classic black strapless will never go out of style.
10. The guys can rent their tux so why can’t the girls rent their dress? If I was going to prom this year, this is the dress I’d wear/rent. (Side note – I am a BIG fan of Rent the Runway – I personally have used it and have found the items to be clean and cared for and the customer service impeccable – use this link to try it and get $20 off your first order)
SORRY – I had to give you ONE MORE – so it’s 11!!!!!! My favorite dress for the 2016 Prom season has got to be this lovely. The unexpected color combo, asymmetry and tiny bit of peek a boo skin combine to make it a total winner. Add gold strappy sandals and big gold earrings and you’re bound to be the belle of the ball!
One more note – if you didn’t find your DREAM prom dress here, and you’re in the CLE and up for a small road trip, check out Henri’s Cloud Nine in Minerva – it is like a prom/pageant/bridal emporium, seriously! There’s a TON to look at, the service is pretty good (the return terms, not so good) but it is worth the trip even if just for the experience.
Happy Promposal-ing and prom going – I hope this list helped take the stress out of getting dressed for the prom! Feel free to share, pin, tweet, email – there’s actually a share button below – I tried to make that easy too! And, the more you spread the word, and the more people sign up and visit the blog, the more cool stuff I’m able to bring your way – it’s a win/win! So, thanks in advance for your support and for spreading the love ♥!
Taking the Stress out of getting dressed – #TheWardrobeConsultant
header image via