I realized, I’ve got total girl crushes on lots of ah-maa-zing women. Ladies I know from work, from school, from childhood, from book club, from the hair salon, from volunteering – some I’m related to, some I wish I was related to… But the common thread is this, they all have awesome experiences, fresh perspectives, cool careers, interesting hobbies and fascinating finds AND they are willing to SHARE!!! Because that’s part of what separates gals that are crush worthy and those that are just betches (and not the funny betches from insta either). It’s their willingness to share the info, making it easier for the rest of us, that has us crushing on them, right?
You know that feeling when you’ve just run into a friend, or you finally get to catch up on the phone (really though, who has time for that anymore, ugh…) and they tell you about their favorite new YOU FILL IN THE BLANK – restaurant, mascara, book, song, exercise, jeans, bikini waxer – you get the idea… And, I bet you also know those girls that you compliment on say, their shoes, and you get the nerve up to ask where they got them and they answer “oh these, I really don’t remember”. I really DO NOT LIKE those kind of girls, they’re just yucky! Let’s NOT be like those girls, ok?
A lot of times my fave finds and current obsessions come courtesy of my girl crushes and I was thinkin’… maybe my girl crushes could become your girl crushes too! So, every few weeks I’m going to highlight one of these marvelous ladies and let them share, share, share – cause really, isn’t that what friends are for?
Just in case you thought I made up the term, girl crush – here’s the official definition.
My inaugural Girl Crush is, ta-da… Debbie Rosen!!! I first met Debbie years ago when our kids were in pre-school together. She was always going on THE BEST vacations and sharing THE BEST tips about where to stay and what to do. So, basically, she has the perfect career – she runs and operates Wintergreen Travel, a full service, independent travel agency, where they specialize in creating memories one trip at a time ( I love that tag line !).
Here are Debbie’s obsessions, both new and old:
- My fave fab find of 2015 was Mac’s color blocker and concealer. It is truly like no other. When used together, it can almost erase dark circles completely, and I would know, I’ve tried every concealer on the market known to man kind! You first use the orange color blocker to counteract the blue in the dark circles and then you cover with the concealer and voila! Dark circles be gone!!
2. My splurge purchase of the fall was my black suede Aquatalia high boots. There are so many reasons to love these boots! They are fashionable, comfy and water and weatherproof – like really weather proof – no need to spray or anything!! They are great to wear out and about or out dressed up on a Saturday night without worrying that they will get those awful snow and salt stains while walking from your car to the restaurant. What could be better?!? Love them! * Side note from Hallie – I’ve recommended these to many clients and they are wardrobe staples year after year AND now they’re on SALE – follow the link! Sizing is limited so you can also check out these boots AND these boots too.
3. My fave purse of all time is this cross-body Lululemon. It is just big enough without being too big, it’s the perfect length, it’s perfect for travel, it’s perfect for running around, and it’s inexpensive. Need I say more? *Side note from Hallie – I totally concur! My favorite travel and flea marketing bag EVER! And, it can be worn 3 ways – cross-body, shoulder and fanny pack style – serious love!
4. My best loved book of all time has to be The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman. It is just the best book ever, in every way.
5. And , of course I have to dish about my most loved place to travel, Costa Rica. There are so many amazing things about this gem of a country, including the beaches, culture, activity, restaurants and adventure just to name a few. My fave places to stay in Costa Rica in the rain-forest and beach are The Springs Resort and Spa (it’s so cool even the Bachelor was filmed there) and Arenas del Mar on the beach. An unforgettable vacation spot for those seeking activity with family or respite on the beach. There is truly something for everyone there!
You can totally tell why I have a crush on this chick, right?!? Anyway, let me know what you think of this new feature – and the new pin it feature, so if you like a photo or product you can easily pin it to your Pintrest page for future reference – cool, right? What’ll they think of next?
Happy Crushing – girl, boy or otherwise – and have a great week!