Puffer coats are hot.
The puffer coat is hot right now. No pun intended, seriously. They’re the most fashionable piece to hit the snowy streets in a while and they’re warm too! In September we were wishing for a little cold weather to bundle up in. Now that it’s here we can get right down to it. When deciding which piece of outerwear to add to your winter coat collection this winter, a puffer coat should be top of your list.
They are all over in a range of colors, from brights to prints, and lengths from cropped to long, and thickness from more trim and structured, to bulky and thick. So, no matter what your body type or style is there’s a puffer coat out there for everyone. And have no fear…you don’t need to worry about looking like the ever dreaded Michelin man when you choose the one that’s right for you.
Find a puffer coat that’s right for you.
1. If you are petite opt for a puffer coat that’s shorter in length. If it hits at about hip length it’ll be perfect. You want to wear the coat not have the coat wear you.
2. Add a colorful puffer if you already have a basic black one in your coat repertoire. It’ll punch up your outfit, and your mood on those gloomy winter days.
3. If you feel like you are a little more apple shaped, consider a puffer coat that cinches in at the waist. It’ll offer waist definition and take some of the bulk out, leaving you with an hourglass look that we all desire so much.
4. If you’re tall give a puffer that hits mid-thigh to mid-knee a try. It’ll offer a nice balance to whatever footwear you have on. Even though Hallie isn’t “technically” tall, her legs are long for her 5’4″ frame, so the same principles apply.
Here’s how to wear a puffer.
1. If you are wearing a skinny bottom and tall boot, a puffer coat that hits mid-thigh works best for balancing your top and bottom.
2. A pant with a cropped bottom can be balanced with a mid-thigh or shorter puffer. If the puffer is too long it will fight with the hem of your pants.
3. Yes, even a dress or skirt can be worn with a puffer, it’s a more fashion-forward look but super cool. If you live in a big city like NYC or Chicago or if you’re in vogue Cleveland gal give it a whirl.
A fun puffer coat can help combat the long, cold winter that we all know lays ahead. You’ll feel warm and toasty, but look really cool all at the same time. Stay warm, friends!!
Photo: Molly Nook
Outfit details: Hallie: Puffer coat size M // jeans run TTS wearing size 27// Sweater size M use code HALLIESPICKS for 40% off Elana: Puffer coat size S // jeans run big, size 28 // Sweater size M use code HALLIESPICKS for 40% off // T-shirt size M
Since the purpose of this blog is to take the stress out of getting dressed, we try to make it easy on you by sharing shoppable links (accessed by clicking the PINK words or the actual photo) with awesome readers like you. We want to let you know, some of those contain affiliate links for products. There is absolutely no additional cost to you if you take action (click, purchase, subscribe) with one of these links. As a result, we will earn some coffee money from your click. But we promise to drink it while creating more ad-free, helpful content like this.